Devon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a rp made for my awesometastilistic friends., D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Forest~

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rainbow Monstrosity

Rainbow Monstrosity

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:52 am

So this is the forest that surrounds Devon Academy and isolates it from the human society. :3

Remember: What happens in the forest, stays in the forest. ;D
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Monstrosity

Rainbow Monstrosity

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:58 am

Olive had been wandering about this dark forest for hours. Instead of going to class, she had skipped to explore the forest. She could paint in peace or she just wanted to be alone. Being around so many was strange. It was different and hard to get used to.

Olive gripped a tree branch and pulled herself up on it with ease. She sat cross-legged on the branch and tilted her head back so she could stare up at the patches of the blue sky hidden amongst the bright green leaves. Birds chirped happily and flew around, blurs of bright colours passing by Olive.

After a few moments, she pulled out her sketchbook and set it on her lap. Bent over, her bangs falling into her eyes and the tails of her pigtails brushing the paper, she began to sketch the surrounding trees.
Back to top Go down
Psychosomatic

Psychosomatic

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Maisie walked around the forest. It smelled so ... Nice in here. It was like the forest was alive with history, things she didn't have to touch to feel, she just ... knew.

There was a forest back home. Maisie had loved it. She'd spent most of her time in it, so much that she knew the history (up to a point, of course) of nearly every tree in the forest.

Maisie sighed. This wasn't the forest back home, but it would be interesting, learning about this one. Maisie wrapped her hand around a branch, shut her eyes, and let it's history flow through her mind. It had been climbed and survived a harsh winter. She smiled and continued walking around, eventually saw another girl in a tree, and stopped, wondering who she was.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000303485653
Rainbow Monstrosity

Rainbow Monstrosity

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:52 pm

Olive had just sketched the trees and the sky when she felt a pair of eyes on her. Like always, she got that unnerving feeling; it was as if someone had a bony finger and they brought it down her spine.

Olive twitched slightly and sat up. Her eyes roamed around the forest until they stopped on the girl a few feet away. She was just standing there and watching her.

"Erm. Hello." Olive said awkwardly, raising her hand in an attempt to wave to the girl. Perhaps she was lost?
Back to top Go down
My Dear Juliet
Admin
My Dear Juliet

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 2:24 am

Gwen sat high in a tree, watching two birds fight. It was quite depressing to watch that, but there was nothing else to watch way up here. She was too far away from the school to people watch, she had made sure she was out-of-bounds. Gwen hated feeling she was trapped, and these silly rules about school boundaries really annoyed her.
There was no one else around that she could see, so she took off the bracelet Ms. Leprah had given her. As soon as the metal stopped touching her skin, she burst into colour like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz when she reached Munchkinland. The wind bew her colours all around, sending trails of lights & sparkles dancing in the wind. She always felt better, more...natural when she wasn't hiding her mutations. And absorbing the light from up here always made her feel extraordinarily rejuvinated.
Back to top Go down
https://devona.forumotion.com
Rainbow Monstrosity

Rainbow Monstrosity

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 3:40 am

Cedric Grimm was sprawled under a tree in the forest, his arm thrown over his eyes and his legs splayed out in front of him. It appeared he was sleeping, which would be no surprise since he usually slept during the day. As the wind blew and stirred his snow-white hair, the most intoxicating scent invaded his nostrils. He instinctively inhaled deeply and as the scent of something sweet--like flowers--washed over him, he cracked open one eye. There was no one near him that could be the source of the flowery-scented air.
Perhaps it was from nearby flowers? He couldn't remember a garden anywhere near the forest.
Cedric pushed himself up into a sitting position and cast his sleepy gaze about the forest. There, several feet away from him, was a most peculiar sight.
A trail of bright lights that sparkled in the sun was floating near a tree. As he peered closer, he could see that it led deep into the forest.
"Curioso, Curioso." Cedric got to his feet and followed the sparkling trail of lights into the forest. As he walked deeper and deeper into the forest, the scent grew stronger, the trail of lights brighter. He stopped when his eyes found the source of the trail of lights: a girl sitting high up in a tree; she seemed to be leaking those very colours, as if she were some type of rainbow girl.
Cedric stared up at this girl, this girl who leaked rainbows and sparkles and scents full of flowers. She probably wouldn't notice him standing there.
With a sigh, Cedric flung himself on the grassy forest floor and once again his arm was thrown across his eyes. He was asleep in the very same instant that a steak of white smoke mingled with red lightning circled Cedric and then vanished.
What looked to be a Siberian tiger now stood next to Cedric; its stripes were bloodred instead of black and it was twice the size of a normal tiger. The tiger's eyes, ears, tongue and underneath his paws were all the same bloodred colour.
The tiger flicked his ears back and forth and then, with a yawn that revealed very large and sharp teeth, the tiger curled up beside Cedric and rested its head on his stomach.
Back to top Go down
My Dear Juliet
Admin
My Dear Juliet

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:19 am

Gwendolyn held her breath as she sensed a change in the wind; someone or something was approaching her spot. Oh well, she thought. It's not like I had assumed i'd be able to be here forever with no one noticing me.
She breathed a deep sigh as she saw the male & a...tiger approaching? A tiger? What the hell. Were tigers even allowed around here without causing panic?
She wondered this silently as she watched the male's every move. It seemed like he had already seen her.
She leaned over a bit too far to watch him, because out of all of a sudden without warning, she fell out of the tree's branches, into the quickly approaching ground.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Monstrosity

Rainbow Monstrosity

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 1:52 pm

As quickly as the girl fell from the tree, a clone of Cedric ripped itself from his body and sprinted forward just in time to catch the girl. The clone gently placed the rainbow girl on the ground and vanished back into the asleep-Cedric's body. He did not move; it seemed he was already in the deepest of slumbers and had not noticed anything.
The tiger swiveled his large bloodred eyes on the girl and just watched her, his massive head covering most of Cedric's stomach.
Back to top Go down
Psychosomatic

Psychosomatic

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:44 pm

((Fuckfuckfuuuuck. I probably should have been checking these forums. x_x Sorry.))

"Hi." Maisie just looked at the girl and offered a small smile. "Who're you? I'm Maisie." Maisie looked at the girl, waiting for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Monstrosity

Rainbow Monstrosity

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:20 pm

((It's quite all right, Jilly. xD))

There was a moment of awkward silence as Olive raised her eyebrows. Are all mutants this friendly, or are the only friendly ones just as this damn school? Olive wondered, awestruck how everyone seemed to get along with each other at the academy.
She stuffed her belongings into her bag, swung it over her shoulder, and jumped down from the branch, landing with a soft thud on the grassy forest floor.
"I'm Olive," she replied with half of a smile. "Do you wander around forests?"
Olive gestured around at the forest and looked back at Maisie with a genuine curious smile; Olive herself liked to wander around forests.
Back to top Go down
Psychosomatic

Psychosomatic

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:31 pm

"Mhm. Forests ... They're very interesting. It's like the trees tell me things, you know?" Maisie smiled again. "Honestly, I like trees better than people. It's impossible for a tree to be an asshole, you know? And there are some trees that just seem ... Wise in a way a person can't." She shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Monstrosity

Rainbow Monstrosity

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:34 pm

"I understand what you mean," Olive said with a nod, glancing around at the forest. "Besides, a forest is the perfect thing to sketch or paint." She gestured to her bag where the top of her sketchbook could just be seen, indicating that was what she had been doing.
Back to top Go down
Psychosomatic

Psychosomatic

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Maisie looked at the bag. "Ah. I'm a crap drawer, personally. It's never been an interest of mine. I don't like making things, I like learning about them better."
Back to top Go down
My Dear Juliet
Admin
My Dear Juliet

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:58 pm

As soon as Gwen touched the ground, her body collapsed and her colours flowed everywhere, looking like multihued water. It was even cool to the touch, like a fresh running spring. Some of it lapped around the tiger & his owner's feet, and it looked as if they had stepped into the ankle-depth of a shoreline connecting to the ocean. 'Oh, fuck, fuck, fuuuuuck. I thought I was gonna die there.' She looked utterly shaken, and her colours responding, shifted rapidly through all the colours of the visible spectrum, shimmers of light sparling in the sun frequently. There were even some colours that had never been seen anywhere else, and they shifted among the other colours, shaken. She closed her eyes, and clung to the ground. 'But....thank you. If you weren't there, that could have ended badly. Thankfully some mutants have actual useful powers, the only thing mine might do is give someone a seizure...' She stood up and looked at the tiger. It was huge, but somehow she wasn't afraid of it. Something in it's eyes made her not feel scared. 'Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!' She ran over & shook the male's hand. 'We haven't even been introduced. My name's Gwen Harrison, and I have a knack for getting into tight spots., apparently.'
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Monstrosity

Rainbow Monstrosity

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 am

The tiger lifted his head and stared at Gwen as she approached Cedric to shake his hand. When there was no response from Cedric, not even a grunt or nod that would show him acknowledging Gwen's presence, the tiger snorted and seemed to smirk at Gwen as he placed his head back on Cedric's stomach.
It would seem that Cedric was still in his slumber, as if nothing could wake him from it. Then a voice spoke, a drawling voice.
"Now, now, Alby, there's no need to be rude." Cedric placed a hand on the tiger's large head and scratched behind his ear. The tiger's eyes slowly fell shut, sleepily and content, and he was purring very loudly.
"Well, miss Gwen Harrison, you should probably stay away from heights." Cedric pushed himself onto his elbows and peered up at Gwen through the messy tangle of his bangs, the neon blue circles on his skin spinning and rippling. They faded and vanished into his jet-black skin, and then they reappeared, again and again.
Back to top Go down
My Dear Juliet
Admin
My Dear Juliet

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:37 am

"But heights are so enchanting, you know. I just fel so....free away from the ground. As if I wasn't meant to be grounded for all my life. The taller I get, the better I feel. It doesn't make much sense.' She sighed, remembering the feeling of exhilaration as she fell. It was addicting. "But anyways, Your powers are really cool-looking. I have an appreciation for physical-affecting mutations. They're always fun to look out & figure out what else that mutant can do."
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Monstrosity

Rainbow Monstrosity

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:35 am

Cedric's head tilted to the left and his eyebrow raised, he looked a bit confused up at Gwen, as if he had forgot she was there and was now wondering why she was speaking to him when he so wanted to sleep.
"I don't spend much time staring at the other mutants here," said Cedric, a coldness leaking into his voice. He didn't seem to want to talk to Gwen any longer; his interest was spiraling and becoming rapidly into nothing. He was sure if he had been asleep, his dreams would have been much more interesting.
"But I suppose I should say thank you, although I don't know what exactly happened. I was asleep and my clones act on their own."
Cedric gave a shrug as he relaxed back on the ground, his eyes falling shut.
Back to top Go down
My Dear Juliet
Admin
My Dear Juliet

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:45 am

Gwen looked at the ground. This sort of thing sometimes happened, she was too forward or too friendly, so she tried her damnest to make friends, when they simply didn't want to be made. "O-Oh... I'm sorry. I didn't realise that." She grinned sheepishly, and put her bracelet back on, taking any extraordinary appearance she may have had away, and she just stood there, looking like an average teenage girl, who just got rejected. "Well, I'm sorry to have disturbed you, Mr. Cedric. I shall be taking my leave now. She smiled at him half-heartedly, and walked towards the school grounds.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Monstrosity

Rainbow Monstrosity

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:24 am

Something perked up in Cedric. He no longer seemed lazy or groggy as he jumped to his feet, following Gwen with quick steps. Once he caught up to her, he took hold of her wrist with the bracelet on it. For a few silent moments, Cedric stared at the bracelet, his face expressionless. Then he looked up at Gwen with his eyes narrowed, still holding her wrist.
"You wear that bracelet to contain your powers?" He asked it quietly, almost as if the very idea of something so absurd insulted him. He, of course, believed that every mutant should be proud of what they could do and to contain their powers was a thing Cedric saw as disgraceful. Of course, he didn't bother to think what help it would do for the mutant. Cedric had a strange way of thinking.
As the soft thuds of the tiger trotting after Cedric, he dropped Gwen's wrist. The sleepy look returned to his face, he stuffed his hands in his pockets and turned away.
"That's stupid, containing your powers like that."
Back to top Go down
My Dear Juliet
Admin
My Dear Juliet

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:42 am

Gwen stood there, her wrist held by Cedric, her eyes lowered, her flowered print dress swaying in the wind.. 'Well, yeah. If I don't, I look like a giant glow stic.
It's not like I'm ashamed of my powers, but I don't always like everyone's eyes following me. I'm not all these colours for anyone else's musement.' Her eyes were still pinned to the ground in...what? Shock? Embarrasment? She shouldn't have to explain herself to anyone, least of all some new mutant who didn't care what she had to say without falling asleep. Gwen held one wrist with her other hand, unsure of what to say. 'I'm sure you'll think me stupid, but you were raised differently than I was. My abilities... they seem more like a hinderance. I can't even help people.'
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Monstrosity

Rainbow Monstrosity

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:33 pm

Cedric laughed; it was a cold laugh, as cold as his voice had been moments ago.
"You only think that because you doubt yourself," he said when his laughter died down. He still faced the school, his fists in his pockets, stony-faced. His tiger rubbed his head against Cedric's leg but he didn't seem to notice. When several attempts at getting attention, the tiger huffed and flopped onto the ground beside Cedric's feet.
"You could find a way to help people if you just tried."
Back to top Go down
My Dear Juliet
Admin
My Dear Juliet

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Gwen lowered her eyes to the ground, her stomach tightened in slight hunger. It had been a while since she'd eaten anything. "You're probably right about that. I have this.... weird feeling that there's more to my powers than just glowing. I feel like they're waiting to be discovered."
She sat down on the stone wall, far away from Cedric so he wouldn't feel she was too close, but close enough so it didn't look like she was ignoring him, either.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Monstrosity

Rainbow Monstrosity

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:35 pm

Cedric flopped down onto the ground, one leg raised and his other bent over it. He laced his fingers together and rested them over his stomach. It would seem like he was about to go to sleep, but surprisingly, he did not.
"Have you ever tried to discover them?" He asked Gwen. Perhaps he was curious or he merely wanted to talk to someone for the time being. Whatever it was, it was not shown in Cedric's naturally cold, drawling voice.
Back to top Go down
My Dear Juliet
Admin
My Dear Juliet

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:51 pm

Gwen stood in front of Cedric, pacing back and forth.
"I've never tried to discover them. It always seems like they are telling me to, though. It's like that weird feeling I get when repressing them. It's so much better just to..." She lifted the bracelet from against her wrist and took it off. ' ....Let go...'
The sunlight around them became brighter for a second as it adjusted to her new, exploding colours that washed around her like a sudden waterfall, trailing behind her, turning the grass underneath her feet into an explosion of colours and light, as if in a pitch black room she would shine through the darkness.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Monstrosity

Rainbow Monstrosity

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:08 pm

There was a soft hissing sound as Cedric's tiger rose to his feet and retreated into the remaining shadows under the tall, dense trees.
Cedric pushed himself into a sitting position and squinted at Gwen, one arm lifted in an attempt to shield his eyes from the blindingly bright colours swarming about him.
"Then you need to try. It's probably that bracelet that keeps you from finding them." Cedric gestured lazily at the bracelet Gwen held, off of her wrist now. He stood up and stretched, yawning as he did so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Forest~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest~   The Forest~ Empty

Back to top Go down

The Forest~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Devon Academy  :: Devon Academy :: Character Profiles (important~!)-
Jump to: