HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Gardens~

Go down 
AuthorMessage
My Dear Juliet
Admin

PostSubject: The Gardens~   Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:07 am

Juris sat on a stone ledge, containing one of the campus' many trees into an enclosure. Unsurprisingly, this spot doubled as a great place to sit. He rested his feet on his few bags he had brought along from his past life, he preferred to travel light and not get attached to material possessions.
He pushed his hair behind his ear, and put large silver and blue headphones over his head, and turned on his iPod. His mind began playing the familiar song along with the music resonating from his speakers. He looked up at the large oak tree, standing proud and firm in the ground. I wish I were a tree. I wouldn't have to worry about anything.
Wasn't this school supposed to make him feel like he actually belonged? He held secret hope he would finally find a home, but it seemed like it wasn't working out like that. He couldn't even figure out which dorm he was supposed to move into, which was why he just stopped and dropped everything, deciding to make the decision later when the confusion left his head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://devona.forumotion.com
ChibiCharu

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:54 pm

After wondering around for a few minutes, Jaid found that he had somehow made it to a garden. Eyes lighting up with relief, he made his way in and found a nice cozy spot to sit at. Letting out a huge sigh he sunk down and closed his eyes. A nice, quiet place to meditate was all he needed. He could draw some energy up that was. It always worked with him back home when he had had a long day at school and work.
I wonder if there's an actual meditation room? he wondered to himself.
He had a few minutes of times left but not enough to go exploring all over the grounds just yet. He would have to do that after English class. There was so much to look at and look for that he would surely have to take it a step at a time. It was his first day here and he didn't want to overdo it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/ChibiCharu
Rainbow Monstrosity

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:39 pm

The trees began to glow a vibrant green and the garden of flowers seemed to sway happily as Merrick Clemenceau approached the garden flanked by her twin brother Lelouch and her older brother Dahvie. A melody that was a mix between melancholic and yet beautiful all at the same time played from Dahvie. The music notes reacted with the emotions laced within the melody and a grin from ear-to-ear was painted on his lips, which were a bright happy blue. Merrick and Lelouch danced around their brother, their heads thrown back as musical laughter filled the peaceful silence.

They had just arrived at Devon Academy and the first thing they had done was explore campus. They had been to every building already, investigated every tree and hill there was, and now they had stumbled upon this garden. Merrick had been the one to find it, being drawn to all the flowers, plants, and trees that there were. It was like her own personal heaven.

Until Dahvie's music came to an abrupt stop. Merrick and Lelouch simultaneously stopped dancing and faced their brother. He was staring past them at the two people already in the garden with an emotionless face. Not even the colour of his lips could give away his thoughts.

None of the three Clemenceaus had ever met another mutant outside their family. Dahvie flicked his gaze back and forth between the other two mutants, his lips a curious yellow colour. Lelouch just stood there with an intense fixated stare. He shifted his weight from foot to foot, fixed his eyepatch, shifted his weight again, fiddled some more with his eyepatch, and then coughed in the awkward silence.

Merrick darted forward and curtsied with her head bowed.

"Hello! I'm Merrick Clemenceau, and these are my brothers Lelouch and Dahvie. We just arrived here today. This is the first time we've ever met other mutants. Please, do tell, what are your powers? I've always been so curious about the other mutants of this world." Merrick lifted her head and smiled sweetly, though her jagged teeth made her smile look wicked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
My Dear Juliet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Three pairs of feet stepped towards Juris, who was sitting and minding his own business. He hoped they would keep walking. But they stopped right in front of him and stood there. Juris looked up in confusion. These are some strange-looking mutants. He thought to himself as he stared at the trio without meaning to, paying close attention to what they were wearing. He tucked his long, thin legs under his thighs and shifted his seat, his rainbow Vans matching his rainbow studded belt.
"You don't waste any time on formalities, do you?" Juris smiled, his eyes holding a sad emptiness since he felt like the three were close and he missed the feeling of being close to people. "Well, anyways." He coughed and stood up straight, trying to be polite. "My name is Juris and I just got here today, actually..." His eyes wandered off in thought and he looked around at the large oak tree, standing so much more proud than he had ever been.
"And my mutation? It's really nothing special..." His pallid face dropped as he thought of how he felt like he was fading slowly into oblivion. "I can change my molecules to blend in with the surroundings around me, essentially becoming invisible." He leaned all his weight onto his left foot and shifted. "And I can travel through mirrors, to get to other mirrors, distance isn't a factor." He lowered his voice to audible barely above a whisper. "And trap people on the other side of the mirrors..."
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Monstrosity

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:11 pm

"Can you really trap people in mirrors?" Merrick asked, her eyes widening. From behind her Dahvie let out a low chuckle and stepped forward, placing his hands on her shoulders.

"Please excuse my little sister," Dahvie said as he twirled Merrick in a full circle. "Like she said earlier, this is the first time all three of us have met other mutants. It's only natural for her to ask so many questions, but that string of questions will never end. Isn't that right, Merrique?"

Merrick hopped back away from Dahvie and placed her hands on her hips. "Dahvie, you exaggerate. I'm simply curious about other mutants. There's no harm in asking questions, is there?" Dahvie only chuckled and stepped back as soft piano music began to fill the silence around them. It was melodic, a sound that could lull anyone to sleep.

"Merrick has a point." Lelouch finally spoke up and stood beside Dahvie, watching Merrick as she sniffed each flower. Each flower she became close to brightened and swayed, and then dulled and stopped moving when she walked back to Dahvie.

"If you don't mind me asking," Lelouch began, pulling his gaze back to Juris, "what is it like to be in a mirror?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiCharu

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:34 pm

Jaid scratched his head and looked at the others as they spoke. He wasn't so sure if they were talking to him or not. He had just reached a good moment in his meditation and now it had been broken. Sighing, he just decided to give up for the moment and resume after class. He was sure that there would be time for that and not much homework would be given...he hoped.
But just as he opened his mouth to speak, he had suddenly forgotten that he couldn't. Sometimes Jaid forgot that he was mute. He could make noises but that was just about all he could do. A sigh or a frustrated sigh but beyond that he was completely powerless as far as speech went.
So, he merely waved his hand at them and motioned to his throat. He was not sure if they understood sign language but he would try his best to communicate with them so they wouldn't think that he was ignoring them completely. Other than that there was nothing else that he could do for the most of it.
Back to top Go down
Psychosomatic

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:01 am

Maisie trotted into a secluded corner of the garden, plopping down on a bench by a bed of flowers. She pressed her fingers to the cool stone of the bench, and its history rushed through her mind. Some people had talked here earlier today. Some idiots had made out here too. She shuddered and scooted away from the area they'd made out in.

A bunch of other unimportant stuff ran through her brain before she tookher hands off the bench. Maisie sighed and leaned back, closing her eyes. This place was nice. It had to be her favorite place of all the places here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000303485653
Rainbow Monstrosity

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:57 pm

Merrick's attention shifted from Juris to the other mutant in the gardens she had seen earlier. While Dahvie and Lelouch engaged in an arguement about which genre of music was the best, Merrick decided that she needed to know about this other mutant. In fact, she made it her soul duty to learn about as many mutants as possible.

"I'm Merrick Clemenceau. Me and my brothers just arrived here, and we haven't met any mutants outside our family," Merrick said as she sat on a rock with her legs crossed. As soon as she sat down, the lilies around her moved close to her, brightening as if the sun were shining its rays down upon them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiCharu

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:21 pm

Jaid would have loved to speak to someone, but he was afraid to even let out a simple motion. It would have been nice to say "OH HEY THERE MY NAME IS JAID!"However, he was a shy fellow and never did he talk to others right off the bat because of his insecurity of speech. There was always that little string of doubt that they would automatically take his "ignoring them" the wrong way when that was not the case. He just could hardly ever find a way to communicate with them and he never thought about it either. One thing he had failed to realize was that he possessed the power to communicate through telepathy. And even that had it's downfall because if he did that then everyone would know that he was a mutant which would not have gone over well with most.
He would, however, find that one in a millionth person who could sign ASL and that was the most joyous thing to him. Of course in the mute community there was never need to get so excited because it was just a normal thing. But the way Jaid looked at it, any person with a voice who was willing to take on the daunting task of learning to speak to the speechless made him happy.
I wonder if I just tried...
After all, he was here now so what did he have to lose?
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Monstrosity

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:05 pm

As the silence dragged on, Merrick began to pout. The flowers around her became dull and limp, and they were slowly wilting. Did she really look that strange? Were her eyes so different that they rendered anyone speechless? Merrick had been so confident that once she and her brothers came to Devon Academy, they wouldn't get those looks. Those looks that said they were monsters, disgusting creatures that shouldn't be alive. She had been so sure they would fit right in with the other mutants, even if they looked stranger than most.

The lilies now lay dry and dead beside Merrick. She almost felt sorry for them. They died because of her terrible mood, but they could come back if her mood perked up and brightened. Which it did in that next moment when an idea came to her.

She would explain her powers to this other mutant even if he didn't wish to hear about them. She would try to make an effort, and after she was done explaining, she would let him decide whether she was truly a freak or not. A stranger freak amongst all the other freaks of this academy.

"I suppose I'll go first then," Merrick said. The lilies slowly began to brighten and stand.

"If you couldn't tell already, I can control plants. Plants and flowers react to my mood when I'm around, you see. I can even make them grow wherever I please." Merrick paused and gestured through the air with her hand. Beside the rock a rose sprouted from the ground, a bright and beautiful red. And then, as she stared at it, the rose wilted and dried up, crumbling to pieces and dissolving into the grass. As if the rose had never existed, Merrick turned back to the other and beamed up at him.

"See? It's quite simple, really. Although it can be quite bothersome how my mood can kill flowers and plants without meaning to." She shrugged her shoulders lightly and shifted around on the rock until she was comfortable again.

"I also have a parasitic bite. Which means that if I bite you, I can inject any type of parasite into your bloodstream from my teeth." Merrick smiled sweetly, flashing her shark-like teeth at him. "And that's where I get my eyes and hair colour from, see? Most people find me strange in the extreme, but I don't mind. I like being different, you know? Even amongst other mutants like myself, it always seems like I'm much more different." Her smile disappeared and there was a saddened look on her face for a split second before it was replaced by another smile that had the flowers and plants around her all glowing.

"There's another thing about me too. At nighttime, my veins light up and they glow red or blue. The colour is constantly changing, but it's pretty cool. It's like I injected a glowstick into my veins!" Merrick giggled and sat back, folding her hands in her lap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiCharu

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Jaid blinked in shock at how much the girl could talk. It seemed like she had hardly taken a breath since she stared talking. It was insanity. But, as much as she spoke, he actually enjoyed it. Conversation always made him happy and he showed it through his laughter, which showed on his face as a glowing, bright-eyed smile. His pearly white teeth shown against his rosy lips looked so gentle and sweet. It he had of looked in the mirror at himself, he would have been quite taken aback with how girly he looked. His mother often joked that when he got overly-excited she would have loved to put a dress on him.
"She's so perky! I love her powers...I want to poke her," he thought to himself. She was such an interesting mutant and surely he had never met anyone like her before. Merrick was very interesting to him and he wished so very badly that he could speak to her.
"I wish I could tell you my powers, but I can't speak." He telepathically sent his responses to her even though he didn't know he had done so and his face turned from vibrant to depressed. His bright smile disappeared and Jaid folded his hands in his lap and lowered his head.
He mouthed sorry to her and pointed to his throat. He tried to mouth the words out the best way he could so that she could at least read his lips. Trying to make a sound, he of course couldn't get out anything other than air. Everything sounded like that these days and it kinda made him laugh in a way. He was a great sport about his muteness but it was only when he was picked on or mistaken for it that he got edgy.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Monstrosity

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:41 pm

Merrick eagerly awaited a response from him. Any type of response would delight her, even if he shooed her away because finally, for the first time since Merrick was born, she got to explain herself to someone who would actually listen. She had never had the chance to do so back home in Venice. Everyone would either yell at her to go away or throw a rock at her. Both of them sent her running home bawling her eyes out.

It was a feeling of relief when the other mutant smiled at her. It was the first time she had ever gotten a smile so bright and wonderful for being a mutant! Suddenly, Merrick had a desperate feeling to keep this person smiling at her. If she had a camera, she surely would take a picture. But for now she would have to store this moment in her mind and pray that it wouldn't slip away.

As quickly as that joyous feeling swooped her up and snatched her away, she came crashing down. Still no speaking from the other mutant, though he looked very depressed. The sad expression on his face wrenched her heart.

'I wish I could tell you my powers, but I can't speak.'

The thought was loud and clear in her mind, but she hadn't thought it. Her eyes went wide, her jaw slack, and she just stared at the boy seated in front of her.

Did he just speak into my mind? Like a telepath? Merrick wondered, excitement flowing through her veins. She had read many books about telepathy, but she had yet to experience it. Until that very moment.

"Do that again!" Merrick squeeled and launched herself at Jaid, knocking them both down. She didn't get off of him; rather, she clung to him and looked up at him with a pleading expression that was also smiling.

"Send another thought into my mind! That was so amazing. Will you please be my first friend here?" Merrick giggled and hugged Jaid until she thought all her strength would leave her in that very hug.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiCharu

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:12 pm

Jaid's eyes got large. He blinked and shook his head, not understanding what he had done in the first place. He was not aware that he had done anything but he was glad for Merrick's excitement. She was the first person that he had ever been mauled by with such randomness. He was never on the end of the mauling but now that he was, he was quite shocked.
So this is what it feels like to be glomped to death he giggled to himself. It was rather amusing, actually. He liked it!
"Well, I wasn't aware that I was doing anything!" he said to her. He wasn't even sure that he could communicate that way but it made him quite ecstatic that he could.
He let out a small noise and clapped. Closing his eyes tight, he tried to think really hard about something he wanted to say to her, then he said it.
"Of course I'll be your first friend here! Will you be mine?" His girlish eyes opened back and his rosy cheeks blushed, in hopes that she heard him and they would be able to communicate with each other if he tried hard enough. It would be amazing to have a friend he would talk to without actually talking. It would be like they were in a secret society or something and no one else was allowed in. He had such girly thoughts but it matched with his most adorable, girlish figure and looks.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Monstrosity

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:54 pm

Merrick squeeled in delight and hugged him tightly. Her hug was surprisingly strong for her body was so tiny and thin.

"Of course I'll be your friend!" Merrick giggled and hopped to her feet, staring down at Jaid with an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry I kind of attacked you ... You see, I haven't had a real friend ever. It was just always me and my brothers." She shrugged her shoulders lightly, biting the tip of her right index finger. It was a wonderful feeling to know that she finally had a friend, but she really did not know what they would do now. She had imagined many times when she was little what it would be like when she finally had her first friend.

Merrick figured that since he knew a lot about her, she should know a lot about him as well.

"What's your name?" She asked as she sat back down, cross-legged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiCharu

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:33 am

Merrick's strength was very well noted with Jaid. She really was very strong for her size and that was pretty awesome for him. The girl was certainly stronger than he was and that was for sure.
"My name is Jaid! Jaid Moore," he smiled, giving a wink. It was so amazing to have a female friend. All the other girls back in Maine always ran away from him or picked on him for being too odd. Friends in general were a rare find for Jaid. Everyone always picked on him and threw things at him which was never fun. So to have someone just casually and more energetically talking to him as well as being so nice was wonderful.
"I have a friend!" His face shown bright, almost like the sun as he seemed to glow brighter and brighter. His nails gleamed and shifted back and forth colors of bright pink and green almost as if they were trailing lights.
He was rather excited.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Monstrosity

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 am

A faint blush bloomed on her cheeks, which Merrick quickly looked away to hide. Whether it was due to the wink from Jaid or the simple thought of having a real friend she didn't know, but she was very happy. She wanted to run around the gardens yelling at the sky that she finally had a friend, a real and true friend!

"Well Jaid, I demand you give me a piggyback ride!" Merrick said with another giggle, her hands on her hips. Dahvie had always given her piggyback rides and they were always fun. She didn't wait for a response from Jaid. She jumped on his back, her arms hugging around his neck, and laughed with her head back.

"Don't worry! I'm not that heavy." She said as an afterthought. That heavy? She probably felt like a feather! The thought didn't bring her down as it normally did; she was too happy for that to happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiCharu

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:12 pm

Jaid grinned wide and shook his head. He didn't mind giving Merrick a piggyback ride because he loved them himself. He was glad to have a friend here that he could have fun with and enjoy life. It was a new feeling to him and he was ever-so-glad to have it.
When Merrick climbed onto his back, he simply blinked, shrugged then nodded his head. He wasn't very strong but she was light so it made him feel as if he were. In sense, he was probably weighed just as much as she did.
"Piggyback rides are awesome! And you aren't heavy at all. It's fine," he smiled, wiggling his arms a bit to make sure he didn't drop here.
"Where to now?" Was the next question that he had. He had no idea where they were to go, nor what class he had next. At this moment Jaid was just flopping around like a lost puppy. And even with the dreary atmosphere he was still enjoying himself and he had pulled up some energy within the last few moments. This was going to be an awesome day. It was already off to a great start.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Monstrosity

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Merrick held onto Jaid's shoulders tightly and bit her bottom lip, thinking.

"I've explored this campus all morning, but I think there are a few places that I have yet to see. How about we just pick a random direction and see where we end up?" She suggested with a light shrug.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
My Dear Juliet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:11 am

Ariana strolled into quite a lovely garden, surrounded by the school's castle-like appearance, giving her the feeling of being somewhere foreigh and lavish, like in the european countryside. Her bright, green eyes surveyed the area. A few students were mingling, but she didn't really know anyone yet. She picked up a flower, an orange one, despite the end of fall nearing. She wondered how these flowers were still in bloom, they should have been dead by now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gardens~   

Back to top Go down

The Gardens~
Page 1 of 1